Things to do
Your villa manager, Milani, and her team will have a wealth of information about places of interest and can help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the area. Many live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of some of the activities on offer within reach of Villa Jamalu.
- A visit to the eleventh century Uluwatu temple is an absolute must at sunset and make sure you take in a captivating performance of the traditional Kecak dance, which is held here every afternoon.
- Learn to surf at the nearby Padang Padang surf school. Their instructors are great with kids and beginners.
- Enjoy a sunset dinner at one of the many seafood warungs dotted along Jimbaran Bay and be serenaded by a band of strolling musicians.
- Play a round at the spectacular New Kuta Golf Course, with its stunning views over the Indian Ocean.
- Take the kids to Jengalla Ceramics and they can paint a plate whilst you do some homewares shopping.
- Indulge yourself at the Bamboo Spa by L’Occitane in Jimbaran.
- If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital is an exciting and rewarding experience. Visit the vibrant Denpasar markets, where everything and anything is available.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds
- Get up to some monkey business at Bali Treetop Adventure Park (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all ages and skill levels on suspended bridges, spider nets, tarzan jumps and flying foxes.
- Fashionistas, trendies, shop-a-holics and foodies should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques and international restaurants and bars including, Potato Head Beach club, La Lucciola and Bali’s infamously trendy Ku Dé Ta. For furniture, antiques and homeware stores go for a wander around the streets of nearby Kerobokan.